A simple BuddyPress plugin displaying the birthday of members in a sidebar Widget. 9 languages, many options available. Check out the description :)
Important: v0.4 introduces support for multiple widget instances. Because of this, upgrading from an earlier version will remove the old widget (and its settings)
This is a Plugin that creates a multi-instance 'Birthdays' Widget that you can use in your Buddypress pages. Once you've created a datebox field in the Buddypress profiles and referenced it in the TLDC Birthdays widget settings, the widget will display the list of either all BP users or just the connected user's friends whose birthday is today and also, if you like, the list of upcoming birthdays within the next n days. Plugin now supports Andy Peatling's Buddypress Followers plugin when installed, so that you can also track the birthdays of people you follow.
So to sum up, in order to get things to work, you'll need :
- A birthday field in the Buddypress extended profile settings
- Users to fill it out in their profiles
- The TDLC Birthdays widget properly installed and set up (see Installation)
- Display only friends, or followed people (if BuddyPress Followers plugin is installed), or everybody's birthday
- Display upcoming birthdays within a range of your choice, or just today's birthdays
- Hide or show ages
- Optionally suggest your users to fill out their birth date if not already done
- Multiple widget instances now supported !
- Localized! Currently English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian and Spanish languages are included. Many thanks to the translators!
- Sounds obvious but in "display friends only" mode, as you only see your friend's birthdays, you wont see your own birthday in the widget. This does not mean that your friends don't see it either! Same thing goes with the Followers option.