SoundCloud Is Gold
Browse through your soundcloud tracks, sets and favourites. Select and add tracks, sets or favourites to your posts. Live preview, easy.
Compatible with new WP 4.0.1
Now with soundcloud's official html5 player!
New Widget to display latest and random track, favorites or sets for one user, multiple users or random users.
Soundcloud is Gold integrates perfectly into wordpress. Browse through your soundcloud tracks, sets and favorites from the 'Soundcloud is gold' tab in the post's 'upload media' popup window. Select, set and add track, sets, favorites to your post using the soundcloud player. Live Preview, easy, smart and straightforward.
You can set default settings in the option page, choose your defaut soundcloud player (Mini, Standard, Artwork, Html5), it's width, add extra classes for you CSS lovers, show comments, autoplay and your favorite color.
You'll also be able to set players to different settings before adding to your post if you fancy a one off change.
Save multiple users, very useful for labels, collectives or artists with many projects.
Soundcloud is Gold use a shortcode but the "Soundcloud is Gold" tab will write it for you dynamicly as you select parameters, and on top of this it will provide a nice live preview of your player so you know what does what. When done just press the 'insert soundcloud player' and it will added to your post just like when you're adding a photo or gallery.
If you love it please rate it! If you use it and want to help, donations are always welcomed or you could like, tweet or spread the love on your blog ;)
Latest developments updates on twitter: #soundcloudisgold or follow me on twitter
Check out my TM soundcloud profile, more mighty mess.
- Browse through your soundcloud tracks, sets and favorites from a tab in the media upload window (see screenshot), no need to go back and forth between soundcloud and your website.
- Save multiple users, very useful for labels, collectives or artists with many projects
- Live Preview in the Tab, see what does what instantly (see screenshot).
- Integrates perfectly with wordpress media upload by using the same listing style that you get with the images (see screenshot).
- See track's info directly in the tab (description, url, cover, etc...).
- Set default settings from the option page (see screenshot):
- Default player type (Mini, Standard, Artwork, Html5)
- Extra Classes for the div that wraps around the player
- Auto Play
- Show/Hide Comments
- Player's Colors
- Use shortcode
- Plugin construct shortode for you, no need to remember any syntax.
- Style sortcode for neat layout in your editor.
- Implement Soundcloud Html5 player (beta).
- Widget for showing latest and random track, favorites or sets for one user, multiple users or random users.
- Follow WP developpers guidelines (enqueue scripts and styles just for the plugin, clean code, commented, secure and leave no trace when uninstall ).
- https support
Advantages against pasting embed code from soundcloud
- By changing the main settings in the options, all players on your site using the default settings will change. If green isn't trendy anymore and black is the new white, it won't be a problem and you keep your street credibility safe.
- If Soundcloud update their player or release a even cooler new player that let you scratch your track while streaming to google+, I will most defenetly update the plugin to use those new features.
That's just my opinion of course...
To Do List
- v3: So much to do I can't list it.
- V3: Advance Settings (change background color and comments color, playcounts, buy link, font, wmode, etc, show/hide styled shortcode, number of tracks per page)
- v3: url attribute for shortcode: easier for people using the shortcode manually.
- v3: other soundcloud shortcode conflict fix (jetpack)
- Add Soundcloud default Width to the options
- Trigger live preview when changing Soundcloud user name
- Live search while typing a name in the user name field. So if you're looking for someone it's kind of easier.
- Add 'activities' to a widget
- Fall Back for smartphone to html5 player when using flash player.